Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 11, 2011


Coronel Oviedo

Streets of Coronel Oveido

Saying goodbye


Saying goodbye with Hna Lozano

Chicken farm

hola familia, dad, I can just imagine you reclined on the couch watching golf and getting alot of enjoyment out of being able to fastforward though all the commercials. i can imagine our beautiful yard in PTC and how pretty and green it must be in augusta right now. in coronel oviedo, there were some really pretty areas in the campo. I have some pictures I will send. very green too. not much of that here in leopardi. it is all built up.
I just got done reading your email, and I dont have too much time. the answer to all your questions mom is, sure. whatevery you want to do is fine with me. but it seems like you think I am closer to the office than I am. we have to take a 30 min collectivo ride to get there. I am going to send some pictures so this will be short. but this week was so great. first of all, I read the transforming power of faith and character by elder richard g scott. so amazing and everyone should read it. I just want to read it over and over again. next, my testimony grows and grows every day of this work. it is so much bigger than me. sometimes I am just in aww. Ruben is so ready for his baptism and I couldnt be any happier. he bore his testimony in sacrament meeting and I just cried. the spirit was so strong and I feel blessed beyond words to be able to bring the gospel into his life. all we did was knock on his door and teach him the doctrine, and the Lord and the Spirit did the rest. I am learning really what it means to be an instrument in the Lord´s hands. this feeling takes away everything else and you dont want to be anywhere else but here. I cant even describe the happiness I felt yesterday. we were both crying, hermana knapp and me.
ok sorry. the computer isnt working out with the pictures.
please send my love in some way to the ptc ward. I still feel like it is my home there in ptc.
thanks mom for all the updates and everything you do to send me little parts of home. oh and dont worry about your heart you sent. I have it right by my alarm clock by my bed and I have it in my hand when I pray at night. I love you all so much. the expereinces of the mission have opened my eyes to so much and I am realizing more and more how much my perspective is changing. and it has only been 5 months. actually, almost 6. I cant believe how the time flies. crazy. my mission is almost 1/3 over and I feel like I am just getting started. cant wait for may 15th when I get to talk to you for mother's day! one month away. I think it will be really weird to talk in english. in my interviews with pres callan, we talk in english and stumble to talk in english, spanish always somehow is taking over. well, next time you hear from me Ruben will be miembro de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias! I cant believe it is really happening. 
k I added pictures. I hope it works. they are a few of the pictures I took before leaving coronel oviedo and one from my new apartment and one from the polleria (way gross). yes I know I look awful in all of them. dont make fun. love you all so much.
love,
hermana plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment