Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Jun 23, 2011

Hola familia, yes i have a new companion here in Leopardi. Hermana Ramos from Tegucigalpa, Honduras. she is really great. it is a bit different having a latino companion again, but will help so much with my Spanish. she joined the church when she was 13 years old with her mom, brother, sister, and cousin. they are the only ones in her family that are members. she is so faithful and full of energy. very outgoing, friendly, and ready to work hard. I think it was a bit weird for her at first to be with an Americana that doesn't speak perfectly or understand everything, but she is very patient. It was hard for me to say goodbye to hermana knapp. we always said that we would be good with being together the whole mission. i really will cherish our time together. we learned a lot together, had our first baptism together. lots of firsts with her and a lot of memories!!! 
this week was a bit rough. I have never been one to thrive under pressure. in tight matches in tennis I always got super nervous. so the responsibility of being the senior companion and knowing the area was a bit rough for me. I cried a lot this week. but in the mission that is practically normal for me. It seemed like when she got here, all of our investigators disappeared and I had to figure out what to do and where to go. but I feel a bit more calm now. we are finding new people to teach and Nestor, an 18 year old who was an investigator I think of hermana Sargent, has a baptismal date for the 2nd of july. we are really excited!!! what a miracle. he is such a good kid, and such an example to his younger brothers. his mom has been in Spain for the past 5 years to work and they only see her every 2 years. His family needs the gospel so much, and i know it is already helping him so much. please keep him in your prayers along with Alejandra. she is so ready to be baptized, but lets her fears get in the way. we finally know her main doubt. her family. she fears what her mom will say. they know we are visiting with her and everything, but not that she wants to be baptized. I love these people so much. they have their faults, haha, but the people of Paraguay are so special. It is hard for me to see them struggle. we are going to the temple today, so I will be thinking of how I can help my investigatos. i am so excited to go to the temple. this will be the first time I will see the temple here. there is no other feeling better than being in the temple. well, got to go. I hope all is well with everyone. I miss you all so much. your faces are famous here in Paraguay, because I show everyone pictures of my family. well not everyone, but any opportunity I get. love you all so much. and the best thing about it is that we can be together for eternity! my love for the gospel grows more and more everyday. 
love,
hermana plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment