Monday, June 27, 2011

Jun 27, 2011

She's been gone 8 months today.  Almost half over!

hola familia, how are you all? is it getting hot up there in the northern hemisphere? it is sure getting cold here in paraguay. is was 8 grados yesterday. I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit, but it is definitely cold. but the thing is about paraguay that they don't have insulation. so you are still way cold inside the houses. at church, no one takes off their coats. I am using my gloves that I never ever thought I would use. i could not imagine it being this cold. but at the same time. the good thing is that is doesn't stay cold. it is cold for a week, then hot again. cold for a week, hot again. so we get breaks every few weeks. it is funny how since the winter is short and sporadic, they don't really have very many winter clothes or anything. they just put on weird layers and wear their flip flops with socks. which i do also in the mornings. I have my snow boarding socks and my sweatpants under my skirt during studies in the morning. It is kind of ridiculous. my favorite thing is cafe de soja. warms me right up. I don't know if they sell it in the states, but if not, I am sure bringing it back with me. like a lot of it. 
well, hermana ramos told me that I talk really American. stab to the heart. I knew my accent wasnt perfect, but apparently I need a lot of work. so hopefully with her help I will talk more latina. I like having latina companions. i am learning a lot of new words. but I think a lot of it is slang from Honduras haha. 
nestor just made my week this week. he accepted a baptismal date, but was saying that he was still only almost sure of it. we read D&C 6 (don't remember the verses) that teaches that the peace we receive when we study and pray really is an answer. you have to read it. he committed to pray with more intent. the next time we met with him, he had read all of Moroni and said that he felt and immense peace and that he had received the answer he was looking for. how incredible. the book of mormon is so true. I feel it more and more everyday the power of the book of mormon. also, max, nestor´s brother, came to church yesterday. (we had stake conference and it was AWESOME). he loved it. so did alejandra. she wants to be baptized this weekend. I pray she will go through with it this time. she will be so faithful, but the first step is a bit scary for her. well, I got to go. you all are always in my heart, and I love you so much. 
Love,
Hermana Pummer

No comments:

Post a Comment