Monday, June 6, 2011

Jun 6, 2011





hola familia, cant believe another week has already gone by. I guess it is really starting to warm up there in the states. the weather here is really fickle. changes by the minute. the other day we left the pension when it was freezing, but the time we were headed back for lunch it was way hot. but then we left again and it was freezing. they say it is like this all winter. anyways, this week was a bit of a humbling experience. after receiving new goals and rules from the mission that we need to be teaching more and basically doing everything better, I felt really pressured. I feel like this week I was running around trying to do everything they are asking me to do and lost track of what is important. yesterday, only one person came to church. they all said they were going to come and then didn't. I can't even describe how awful it feels when no one comes. we do everything we can, and then it is up to them. it is just a bit overwhelming with everything I feel like I need to do better, and I don't know where to begin. but I feel like I just need to go back to the basics. we had a really good companionship study today. we decided to study humility. I need to get rid of a lot of pride. it is something that sneaks up on you without knowing but can really affect the work. I have a lot to work on. humility and charity are two of the hardest traits to develop, but vital at the same time. I struggle sometimes when so many people say they are going to do one thing and then do another or just don't do it. sorry, I shouldn't complain, but it really tests my character. in the mission, your character is attacked, and you really have to find deep down the unconditional love of Christ. 
on another note, alejandra is doing so great. I really don't know what will happen with carlos right now, but alejandra is such a different person. she is going to be baptized so soon. she said, I just want it to be on a Sunday already to go to church. It has been incredible to see the change that the gospel has made in her life. 
R is doing well. kind of up and down still, but more stable. I know that the lord was looking out for him by bringing the gospel into his life at the time that he really needs it. 
I am realizing more and more how important it is for me to take me out of the situation. thinking about myself takes away from the spirit. I really am so insignificant. a servant of the Lord and an instrument in His hands. all I want is to feel like He is happy with me. well,
I have to go. I love you all so much. I know this church is true, and I learn more and more every day how real the atonement is. 
love,
hermana plummer
Zone 4 Hermanas

Zone 4


No comments:

Post a Comment