Monday, September 12, 2011

Sep 12, 2011 Saying goodbye to Leopardi - like family. Hello Nemby

Saying goodbye to 2nd mom Hna Canete who loved
and treated Whitney like a daughter.  Also Silvia one
of the young adults who loved her too.

David Canete finally got his BYU t-shirt!!!

New area called Nemby about 20 miles south of Leopardi.
Hna Little from Utah and Hna Plummer


hola, muchas preguntas (many questions) haha. I am going to combine letter to family and you two. well, ya, it was really hard to leave leopardi. I have some pictures that i am going to send. I have felt kind of weird this week. this area is a quite different, and the streets are more difficult. well at least it seems that way right now. we share the ward with our zone leaders who live next door to us. the ward is a lot bigger, but the area is a lot bigger too. I can't lie. I have been missing the members of leopardi. they are really special. I know I will get to know everyone here better with time, but they just aren't the same for now. but I know i will get adjusted and like it more here. my companion is hna Little from utah. she came with hna knapp. she is way great. I really miss hna ramos - we got very close, but hna little is really great. I am already learning a lot from her. she is way different from hna ramos. way different. I am not used to being with someone with such an american accent. haha. mom, I don't know where I live yet, but I will get on that this week. ñemby is a mixture of city and country. there are parts with lots of colectivos (buses) and people, and there are parts with dirt roads and houses like those in coronel oviedo. it is really pretty. I like that part.

yesterday I totally forgot that it was 9/11 until someone asked me about it. I had to think for a second. he asked me about the torres gemelos (twin towers). I cant believe it has been 10 years, back in the 6th grade. a day we will always remember.

this week I tried to do what I could to help hna little. it is kind of hard to help in more than teach because I don't know where anything is or who anyone is. I don't like not knowing. we have a señora that we are teaching, G. she is really depressed. she has been in a depression for a really long time, and it affects her in almost every way. she keeps saying she is waiting to feel the peace and happiness that we say comes from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It breaks my heart. she feels a huge burden of a bunch of things. she feels really awful about all of the sins she committed in the past. I know the change doesn't come instantaneously, but I know she is beginning to feel the peace that comes from letting Christ lift our burdens and take away our sins. She has repented, but satan is trying to make her feel like she isn't worthy of forgiveness. she asked for a priesthood blessing, so we called the quorum of elders to come and do it. tears streamed down her face as the words from Heavenly Father promised her a blessing of peace. I don't remember exactly, but it was a really special moment. he also shared his testimony of when he was baptized 5 years ago. but had rejected the missionaries who came to his door, but he finally excepted them and felt such guilt in rejecting them so many times. he shared with us how he cried and cried the day of his baptism as he felt all that guilt wash away. The atonement is so incredible. I truly have a testimony that through the atonement of Jesus Christ and through baptism we can be cleansed completely and renew ourselves. G points to the folleto (pamphlet) of the resoration and says that she is restoring herself. so true. she will be baptized the 24th of this month and is really excited and feels and knows the restored gospel is true.

dad, I almost had a few tears yesterday while teaching thinking of you. I don't know why, but we were teaching about the dia de reposo (Sabbath), and what we need to to to santificarlo. we read in the 10 commandments that no one should work on sunday. and the investigator said, you two work on sundays and don't rest. when she said that, a moment came to my head from when I was younger. I said to you one sunday, "why do you have to go back to church and work? isn't this the day of rest?" something like that. I didn't get why we couldn't just rest all day. I didn't understand the doctrine behind it. but you said, "the day of rest is to rest from the things of the world, but sunday we serve the Lord". something like that. I don't know how old I was, but I still remember that important lesson you taught me. one of the many you and mom have taught me by your words and actions. I don't know why, but when I was sharing how my dad taught me that lesson once upon a time, tears started to swell up in my eyes. don't worry, I hid it really well, but felt the spririt and felt such a gratutude for the lessons I learned early on. sharing my testimony, I am learning, is how I strengthen my testimony even more. every time I testify that joseph smith was a prophet of God, I don't just say it, I feel it more and more. I pray that the Spirit can use me to teach and testify of the truthfulness of our message to the world. well, I have to go. I love you all so much. oh and thanks for the birthday wishes. I got a letter from mrs. lugash, sis richter, jillair, sis holmgren, all the postcards, oh and a letter form julie too. mom, please send them my love and thanks.
love,
hermana plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment