Monday, September 5, 2011

Sep, 5, 2011

Opening fake box of old shoes...

Now happy with the old things.

Christian in the middle was baptized Sep 10, 2011
His father and brother are soon to be baptized.
hola familia, this week was great!!  one of a kind birthday in paraguay. we eat lunch with the bishop´s wife every tuesday, and she makes the best cakes. so she made a cake for me. ricísima! and then later on that night they had a get together for my birthday with all the young adults at the cañetes. it was so sweet of them to do that. silvia made me a pillow. I will send you a picture. so all in all, it was an awesome birthday that I will always remember. oh, also, elder brown in my district made brownies for my birthday in our district meeting. my package came! the one with the shoes. when I got to the district meeting, elder fernelius (he is my district leader again, the one that knows doug and kris). well he gave me my a package (he knew we were waiting for Hna Ramos shoes in your pkg you sent)and said, you should definitely open it right now to make sure everything is there. We both opened it and it was bread, old shoes, stickers, and a box of hierba mate. haha. he was like, your mom is so great! she sent the best stuff. we took a picture, and I was going to send it as if it was real, but I forgot my camera and i think mom would go crazy if she had to wait another week to know if i got it yet. but thanks mom. it was so great. hna ramos had never tried nutella, and she is addicted now. the shoes and everything were all safe and sound. I will get the other package  tomorrow at district meeting and will find out if we have a transfer.
Christian is all set to be baptized this saturday. his dad has given his consent, he has his invterview, and he is way excited. they are even going to do EFY here for the first time this summer, and he is way excited to go. it is amazing how much christian has changed since we first started teaching him. he and his brother diego came to church yesterday. during the testimony meeting, he commented on how much he is impressed with the way we share our testimonies and share with others our love for the gospel of Jesus Christ. he has been able to feel the spirit testify of the truthfulness of the restored gospel. when we receive a witness of the Spirit, it doesn't matter what anyone says or what happens, we know what we felt, and it doesn't change anything. the scripture in gálatas 5 that talks about the fruits of the spirit. it says, contra esos sentimientos, no hay ley. I dont know how it is in english, but you can look it up. have you ever read our search for happiness? read it. so incredible. well, I dont know if i will be in a different area next time I write, maybe, maybe not, but I have really learned so much in my time here in leopardi. sooooo much. it is incredible. I look back and think of where my testimony was when I started my mission. I don't ever want to go back to who I was before. I have a ways to go, but have learned so much. i love you all so much. got to go.
love,
hermana plummer

hi mom, i am not sure. i know that as for credit cards, only visa works i thinks. as for the service fee. depends on the area. some are more. here  leopardi it is 25 mil guaranies, which is a lot. but I almost never take out money of my own.other areas it is less, like 10 mil no mas. i only did it once. I don't know what he is buying, I will look and see if there are any american banks. but i never need anything, but yes I need scripture covers so bad. ahh. i will have to find some for spanish scriptures. they are a different size. when is it that kameron allphin (from Jonesboros Ward) is coming to paraguay? I think he will get here just in time for summer. haha. I got here in the heat of summer. DEATH.
well, I just reached down to get my camera and send some pictures, but I left it in the pension. sorry. we took some pictures with Christian and his family and my fake package. I will send them next week.
looks like you found the church! we live on atelio galfre 2 blocks from the church. atelio galfre c/ lomas valentinas. maybe you can see where I live!! woohoo.
well, I love you soooo much mom and dad. thanks for you emails. and for the football update. maybe byu will be good by the time I get back. ha. well, I am gonna go and write the familia. love you!!
love,
your daughter 

oh and mom, sent my love to elicia! tell her I am so excited for her and that the mission is the best decision she could ever make.  (Elicia is a friend in our Peachtree City Ward who is going to Halifax Nova Scotia.  Sounds cold to me,)

No comments:

Post a Comment