Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13, 2012 Life in Lambare and living in the city.

They were able to attend the temple today, so their pday and emails were a day late.  Take a look at these pictures that were of the short lived trio companionship in Nemby.  

hi mom dad and family. mom before i forget, did the secretary from the mission contact you about my visa for brazil? I gave him your email. also, I think you have to sign me up for classes soon. not sure when, but it would be good to check on it. it is always at midnight. yenny is the daughter of the couple who we live behind from the ward. familia samaniego. she knows english really well, so I asked her to contact you. she is such an exemplary woman. you would get along. I thought that you might already know from other moms, but just to make sure so that you didnt have a let down. I am glad you are doing better. maybe you should do a fast before you come on the trip so you can make it through the plane ride. but you have been on longer before. also, I forgot to tell you to tell elder richards' mom that her son is doing great. he is my zone leader. also, I talked to elder allphin today and he too is doing well. so you can tell their moms that. I guess elder allphin is in my zone because I saw him today at the TEMPLE! last night I got your dear elder about what aunt kris's  sister's son wrote about his experience in the temple the day of doug's passing. (Elder W is serving in Mexico and had attended the temple the day Doug died, not knowing of his passing.  It was a very sweet experience, feeling his relatives on the other side.) it was 9 months ago for me, since I went to the temple. I just feel so good right now. last week I was still struggling a bit with the changes and a few things, but I am doing better, especially after the temple. there is not other place like it. it truly is like being in heaven but while still being here on earth. everyone is so nice to us, which is refreshing. jk. people are nice here. but I just sat and felt the calmness of the spirit in the last part. one feels such a special connection with our world and the spirit world, knowing that our loved ones are so close. it is like the primary song a child's prayer when the child says, " heavenly father, are you really there? and do you hear and answer every child's prayer. some say that heaven is far away. but I feel it close around me as I pray.´´ I am ready to press forward now. a lot has given me a good shake recently, but there are always those tender mercies that come in different ways.
this week, I was completely blown away by the maturity of the 14 year old we are teaching S. she is so excited for her baptism on april 1st. all we need is the signature of her mom on the record, and we are good to go. she has shared with us how much she is changing and has changed since hna little and her other companion found her (on christmas eve). she feels that it is true and describes to us so sincerely how she feels that someone is there with her listening to here when she prays and that someone being Heavenly Father. she reads a chapter or more in the Book of Mormon every day, and basically I am just in awe of her. please pray for her and her mom especially. it is great too because there a bunch of great young women here that are good support for her and good examples. 
people say that the investigators feel more comfortable with the sister missionaries, but I think they feel a bit too comfortable with us. every single person went on for about half an hour or more telling us all of their problems. I have everyone's problems running through my head. we want to be here to help people, but this week was overload for us. I have so many people I have to pray for it is overwhelming. thank goodness we are sharing what will help them with everything, they just have to let us teach it. well, I am out of time. I love you all so much. please pray that I don't come home a fatling because everyone here wants to feed and feed us and think that when we say no more that it is just because we are embarrassed to say yes, but I really dont want more. haha. we are running every day. thank goodness. well, until next week. 
con mucho amor, 
hermana plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment