Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dec 14, 2010 that was 1 week late

Dec 14, 2010
hola familia, i am so glad you got my pictures of my christmas tree and of the mtc. just a little piece of my everyday life here in the mtc. i can't wait to get to paraguay and send you pictures from there! yesterday we officially had 2 weeks left. i can't believe how fast the time has gone by. i feel like i have been here forever, but at the same time it has gone by way fast. weird. Thanks mom for the packages. Ahh We loved them so much. Please tell the ward thank you for the sweet messages of encouragement. That made my day, and i loved it so much. i didn't get the package slip in time to get the package yesterday, but it is here, so I will go get it after I send my email. thank you so much for sending it. i can't tell you how much I appreciate and love everything you send. aspecially since once I get to paraguay, the amount of letters will significantly decline since it takes so long. thanks for the lil excerpts from the blogs too. i had our elders read them too. There is also a teacher here at the MTC that works in the TRC right now that is from paraguay. two of our elders made an appointment with him since they heard he is from paraguay, to talk and stuff. they said they couldn't understand a word. haha. apparently they have some weird accent in paraguay and a lot of the people mix in guarani. this will be fun. but then I will come home with a sweet accent, so it is all good. You never told me brittney's friend is going to california. so awesome. no reason to be worried. she will be an awesome missionary. i can tell. and tell Brittney to have fun in london. that is so fun! i knew a girl from my freshman ward that went and loved it!
This week has been good. We prepared to teach the plan of salvation including the word of wisdom to a man who was recently divorced, had recently lost his brother, and was turning to alcohol. i learned a lot about the doctrine behind the word of wisdom this week (read "Things as they really are" by elder bednar). Makes you really understand how important our bodies are, and how important it is to keep them in a condition condusive to feeling the Spirit. it strengthened my testimony of why God has given us the word of wisdom. he wasn't finding comfort in alcohol, but when he read the book of mormon. Real peace. what a blessing to have these bodies to learn and grow in ways that we never could have without them. ahh. just read it. i love it. On sundays we like to go print out talks form the general authorities and such. another talk mom that you have to read is "come what may and love it" and "hope and anchor of the sould" just type them into lds.org. don't remember who they are by right now. changed my life. Those men are truly inspired for our day.
no I didn't get any other christmas decor from my companions' family. just my beautiful  christmas tree. they both hear from their boyfriend's a good bit, but their families not quite as much. both of their parents are divorced. Hermanan Lavaka's dad isn't a part of her life sadly. my heart goes out to the both of them. Many times growing up hermana gonzales went to church by herself. her mom is not active and her dad just joined the church a year ago! hermana lavaka's mom and brother are good members, but her dad left when she was young. sometimes when i have ever thought my life was hard, i think how strong others have been in the face of much more adversity than me. they are so strong and amazing in standing up for what they know is right, and I respect them so much. I am so grateful for you both, mom and dad, for sticking together and always being an example for me. i think I have taken advantage of having you both as such constants. I love you so much.
well i got to go, but i love you all so much. i can't believe how blessed I am to be able to do this and to devote everything to telling people the happiest message they could ever hear. this message of hope. i won't ever get this chance ever again, and I can't believe I am here. next time you hear from me will be my last email in the MTC before I head out to paraguay since I leave on a monday. But i will get to talk to you soon.
love,
hermana plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment