Monday, August 15, 2011

Aug 15,2011

Look Mom - I made the muffins you sent and used
the muffin pans you sent too.

Hna Ramos enjoying the muffins too.


Hi Familia, well once again we didn’t have the baptism. Christian’s mom hates all churches and freaked out that he was going to be baptized. His dad was fine with it, but when she freaked out he said no too. So, I don’t have answers to most of your questions mom - sorry. That was the sad part, but we finally were able to teach Christian with his dad and brother (his parents are separated, so his mom doesn’t live with them). The lesson was great and the three came to church yesterday perfectly on time. His dad loved it and really wants to come again next week. He loved the lesson on the law of chastity and was so impressed that the youth learn it too. So that was the miracle of the week and 3 baptisms are better than one! But on top of that, we had to drop Nestor and practically all of our investigators. Nestor said he doesn’t want us to visit anymore and that he believes more in the Catholic church, which is not true and I don’t know why.  Ruben said again that he doesn’t believe the church is true and doesn’t want to come anymore. We’ve been down that road before with him.  We’ve had a few challenges this week and a few more.  Sorry my letter is full of sad news, but it is ok. I am learning Heavenly Father always provides a miracle to remind us he is there, like to walk up to the church and see Christian, his dad Andres, and his brother Diego already at church.  Hna Ramos and I both gave talks yesterday in church. We speak every second Sunday. As I prayed and thought about what to speak on, I felt prompted to share why I am here in the mission. Remember the talk I gave in stake conf before I left?   I shared part of the song “I Will not be still” from efy? You can look it up in my laptop. and you will see just how many times I have listened to that song. It really says what is in my heart.  My talk gave me a boost of faith as I spoke about how Heavenly Father helps us put into action our desire to share the gospel. The members have the desire and know it is their responsibility, but they put other things as priorities or they let their fears or insecurities get in the way of putting desire into action. I got a quote from the Liahona of July. The talk by Pres. Uchtdorf when he says, how we can’t expect all the blessings Heavenly Father has for us if we only give 50%, and it is silly to say that for now I will only give 50% and when Christ comes again I will give my 100%. I never want to give less than everything I have like I did before the mission. Christ deserves everything I can give and more. Well, I love you all so much. Happy Birthday to Hudson and Harper!!! I will see you before your next birthday!!! woohoo. I love and miss you all soooooo much. Please send more pictures!!
love,
hermana plummer
ps
This cambio I have learned a lot with Hna Ramos. She is great. I don’t know if I will be here for another cambio, but it is definitely possible. The hermanas are always in their second area for a while. My Spanish is good, I think. Always a ton to still learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment