Monday, August 29, 2011

Aug 29, 2011

HaPPy 22nd BiRtHdAy WHITNEY on Aug 30
hola familia, thanks mom and dad for the birthday wishes. and thanks david for the letter! it totally made my day to hear from you. getting a letter from home is like christmas day.
well, this week we had zone conf. Pres. Arnold of the Seventy came. woohoo. it was so awesome. it was so incredible how strongly we all felt the spirit. I felt so rejuvinated and ready to conquer the world. haha. one thing that he shared that I love was actually what someone else said - about a missionary in europe. all the other areas in the mission weren’t baptizing at all, and he was baptizing like crazy. the mission president asked him what he does differently to have such success. he said that he didn’t see the people like they were in the moment. but he saw them all dressed in white being baptized. (kind of like the secret, remember mom?) he saw their potential, like Christ would do. I loved that. some members say, oh don’t visit that person, they do this or that and won’t want to change. but it doesn’t matter. I felt strongly that if I imagine everyone the way Christ would, it will change my perspective and take my faith to another level, which I need. we also learned a whole bunch of other stuff that hna ramos and I are excited to put in action. the only thing is that there is a good chance this is my last week here in lepoardi since I’ve been here 6 months. we will see. in one sence I feel ready to take what I have learned and experience a new atmosphere, but at the same time, I feel comfortable where I am. I learned a bunch in coronel oviedo, and I have learned a ton here in leopardi. it is incredible, and I know my next area will bring a bunch of new twists and turns that will help me progress. I will miss leopardi and hna ramos!!!  we are really close and very good friends.
we had a special experience this week with Mirna.  she has a 9mon baby girl, milagros (milly for short). they named her milagros because she was pregnant 4 times before, but lost all 4.  Very sad.  when we shared with her the plan of salvation and that those precious little souls can still be hers and that she can be with them someday, tears rolled down her face. she felt such a peace. the plan of salvation is so incredible.  my life would have a very different perspective if I lived without the hope of eternal life with my family. it is so special to share it with others.
I am a bit worried that after my mission I wont be able to speak English anymore. the owner of some company, that is right in front of our pension, that makes stuff for semi trucks stopped us in the street and asked us if we could translate through the phone for him into english. he wanted to buy a truck from a company in another country that only speaks english. people think we are all americans – haha, hna ramos is from Honduras. so I agreed to talk for him.  we called the place for him, and it was so hard to speak english. I kept talking in spanish. ahhh! I think I will just be a bit weird for a while when I get back. well, got to go. I love you all so much!!!!!
love,
hermana plummer
next time I write I will have 22 years!!

hi mom and dad, I didn’t get the packages yet because we didn’t have district meeting this week because of zone conf and we can’t receive packages at zone conf anymore. so I will get one tomorrow I know for sure. Thanks so much for sending them!! we are way excited. it cost me about 14 mil guaranies. I don’t know how many dollars that is. I hear the dollar is dropping like crazy these days. but I’m always good on money.  piano lessons are going great. we have a few that come. which is okay because we can’t teach a million people piano with one piano. it is so fun teaching. I forgot how hard it is, but it is all second nature to me. hna ramos plays a bit. she taught herself. quite impressive. we have those beginner books from the church learning how to play hymns, borrowed from a member. it is perfect. we share our emails a bit. she has a boyfriend who is actually really awesome. he was an incredible missionary and always sends advice, which she shares with me. well, I haven’t read my other emails yet, so I will go read them. I love you sooooo much. thanks for your support, love, and prayers.
love,
your daughter
Louise – there are 3 packages floating around Asuncion and I’m not sure why Whitney hasn’t received them???  The first package has a pair of shoes for hna Ramos, since she liked Whitney’s Ecco shoes, skin care and misc items. The next pkg has BYU t-shirts and birthday presents.  The next package Lindsay and David sent for Whitney’s birthday.  They have a new system of mailing the pkgs to the missionary instead of giving them out at zone conference or transfers.  The tracking shows both of my packages have arrived, so where are they?  I’m a bit worried.

Last week Whitney talked about an EFY song that helped her decide to serve a mission.  The words are so meaningful and powerful.  Here is Kenneth Cope singing the song – I Will Not Be Still

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saM-i9szsFI

I’ve also enclosed the lyrics.
I've never been the kind to testify
I don't have the words his truth deserves
But it's a simple thing he asks
A worthy heart and willing hands
He says if I'll make the choice
He'll help me find my voice

He calls me to serve and i cannot fail him
The one who has given me all that I have
I place my trust in him alone
He knows the yearnings of my soul
Because he believes in me
I will go willingly

Chorus:
How can I keep this gift to my self
When i can lift somebody else
I am(will be) a witness of his miracles and his mercy
I put my future in his hands
Knowing he's made me all I am
(When) I put my faith in him the(and) truth begins to
speak
His power is real it moves me until i will not be
still

Lifting the hands that hang down in sorrow
Strengthening knees that bend in despair
Reaching the hopeless hearts who do not know his love
Seeing their lives begin to change
I know ill never be the same

His power is real
I trust in his will
I will not be still

No comments:

Post a Comment