Monday, February 13, 2012

Feb 13, 2012


hi mom and dad and family. mom, thanks so much for sending the package. I hope the silly string cans don't explode in the airplane. if not, I am sure the kids here will love it. by the way, all the members to whom I gave the temple recommend holders absolutely loved them. they were so excited to show me when they put it in. thank you so much. as for the travel plans. hmm. I think one day in Coronel Oviedo will be good enough. I am not sure they will remember me. all I know is that the member who we tried to buy a Mormon Doctrine in Spanish was really bummed that we couldn't get it. but a family in the ward here has it in Spanish. they said they got it in the distribution center in Argentina because the lady who translated it is from there. maybe there is a way to look for it there. so ya one day or less there and in Nemby and Leopardi. I am not sure where I would want to go to church. that is a hard one. I will ask about the falls too. be prepared to do a lot of walking. the zone conference was so awesome. I learned a lot. as you know hna Jones and I have been going through a bit of a rough patch this change, but we left with a lot of energy to find new people and work hard, and we saw so many miracles this week. we found a lot of new people who are super golden. one day we were walking looking for a contact or something, but as we passed by a street not in the direction of the contact, hna Jones stopped and started into the street. I was a bit confused, but thought, if she wants to go in this street, it has to be because the spirit told her to do it because otherwise there would be no reason to think that street would lead us where we were headed. sure enough, the first house we knocked on, the woman received us very warmly and in fact was a woman we had contacted a few weeks before but we didn't understand how to get to her house. the streets don't have names half the time, and it is more like, turn here and there and a block and a half turn at the house with the mango tree. She was so happy to receive us. it was a really spiritual lesson. she just said how content she felt and really wanted to go to church. unfortunately something urgent came up, but she for sure is going to come next week. ojala! she is a widow with 3 sons and has recently lost her job. is going through a hard time. I know heavenly father sends us to those who are prepared when they will be humble enough to open their hearts to the spirit. she is really great, and we are really excited to teach her again. another story that is super awesome but kind of sad at the same time goes like this: last Monday hna Jones got her hair cut at a tiny place by a woman who was there with her daughter. her daughter is the happiest and nicest person I have ever met. you would not believe. so as I waited we talked and she asked questions about what we are doing here in Paraguay and really wanted a pamphlet or something. we didn't have any. I don't know how that happened, so we promised to pass by another day. so about Thursday we were walking and the thought came to my mind, we can go to their house. we found the house and she was so excited that we came. she started telling us that she is very interested in all religions and really wanted to read about what we believe. so we asked, why is it that you like to learn about all the religions? and she said, ¨it is because we are looking for the true one. we really want to find which church is true¨. we were like, huh? did I just hear that? and then she was asking, where is the church, we want to come this Sunday. so we taught the restoration and invited her to prepare to be baptized. she said, oh and what do you have to do to be baptized? is there a way that I can go in Japan? huh? Don't know how we missed that, but she lives in Japan. the mom lives here, but her daughter got married and moved to Japan with her husband and has been visiting since December. we were super bummed, but she is so set on finding the church in Japan and keeps asking if we are going to be able to get her information as to where to go. maybe her mom will get baptized, here, but for sure she will get baptized in Japan. Doesn't matter where, all that matters is that she finds the truth she is looking for. I know those that are prepared are waiting for us, we just have to be patient and work hard and follow the spirit. our purpose is to help others come unto Christ, but it doesn't matter how hard I try if I'm not doing it by the spirit. never in my life had I depended so much on the Lord. It is such preparation for the future. but when I see the problems and trials that people here have, I am so humbled and reminded of how blessed our family is. yes we have had our our trials, but what i see here puts it all into perspective. well, I have to go. by the way, I have new shoes. well not really. my brown shoes had a big hole, so I took them to a shoefixer, and he put a whole new sole on both. they look a bit weird, but for about 10 dollars, my feet stay dry. that is a blessing. well, I love you all so much. I miss you all tons and tons. it is so crazy how my love for my family has grown being away from you all, but it is true. 
love,
hermana plummer
oh and could you send ideas on how to do that activity about the kingdoms of glory or something? we want to do it for a ward night. could you look it up or find an idea? Thanks
oh and Luz told me how she talked to you on FB and gave me a hug from you. it made me happy. love you tons

No comments:

Post a Comment