Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nov 30, 2010

hola, thanksgiving in the mtc was so amazing! thanks mom for my thanksgiving dinner. my companions and I loved it. muchas gracias. Although the letters with all the fun stuff you were doing made me a little home sick missing out. i still loved hearing about it. i could picture it all in my head, and i felt comforted even though I wasn't there. here we had a morning devotinal in which elder holland and his wife spoke. It was much more informal than he would usually do. his whole family was there and his grandchildren sang a primary song for us all. he said he wanted his family to be our family that day. He is so amazing, and I could listen to him all day long. we maybe not all day, but it was one of those meetings in which you walk out a different person. i have never felt more thankful in my life. it is the greatest blessing I could receive to be able to be here on a mission carrying some of the load of sharing this gospel with the world. i am realizing more and more each day that although by serving this mission I am trying to repay my heavenly father for was he has given me, but I will never be able to even come close to giving as much as he gave to me. I have lived my whole life knowing there is a God that loves and knows me by name. I have lived my whole life knowing my family will last for eternity, i have lived my whole life with food on the table and a roof over my head. none of these blessings and so much more have ever been challenged, and i feel so underserving, but He has blessed me anyways. I am eternally indebted to my Father in Heaven and to my Savior for giving me eternal life and eternal happiness. And i am so thankful for my savior's sacrifice and suffering for me, so that he may succor me when I am in need. (Alma 7: 11-14). I could not serve this mission without the help of my Savior. I would be a wreck. But he is here right beside me everystep of the way, and I know it. thank you mom and dad for raising me with love, for teaching me what it right and giving me the tools to find my way through life. I love you so much and wish I could tell you this in person right now, but this will have to do for a while. On that note. i won't get to call on christmas if you didnt already know. but I will be inthe airport like 2 days later in which I can call then.
I cant' believe how much snow y'all got up there. they closed down byu and told a lot of the workers at the mtc not to come because of this crazy big storm that was supposed to hit, and then nothing happened. it did finally snow and stick, but nothing too bad. i thought that was funny. all this panic for nothing. They have all the walkways throught he mtc covered, so we don't have to walk through snow or anything. but we aren't allowed to touch it. i thought it was funny that pres smith said that over the pulpit. but i guess I am here with 2000 19 yr old guys. not always the most mature. but they definitely step it up as missionaries. it is quite incredible.
Thank you for your prayers with spanish. yesterday wasn't as bad as i though it would be. i can't believe i can talk in spanish for basically an hour straight after only 4 1/2 weeks. i have to remind myself how much I have learned when I get impatient. It went great. Spanish is hard, but everyday when I see tags you can't even read, I thank God for Spanish.
I have to go, but i love you all so much. I miss you, but I learn a new reason every day why i am here. i am so blessed with a wonderful family.
Love, always
Hermana Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment