Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 16, 2011 - two letters for today.

hola papa, thanks for telling me about your trip to marilyn and therons. I would love to visit when I get back. sounds like such a beautiful place. I love the canyon and to be out of the city. that is one of the reasons I loved going with margaret to their house in savannah. so quite and beautiful, but I love the different beauty of the mountains also. reminds me of when we drove through the canyons with doug and mom  on our way back from st george that one time. I loved it. I know you always tried to teach us kids how to work hard. I know I often resisted, but I am really grateful now for what you taught me and your example of hard work. there is a quote in preach my gospel that basically says there is no replacement for hard work. work work work. work in the mission is a bit different than on a farm, but the principle is the same. I am grateful for the work ethic that you helped me develop in school, and I know it is helping me now and will continue to do so for the rest of my life. please send my love to marilyn and theron! love you so much dad. 
love,
your daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment