Monday, October 3, 2011

Oct 3, 2011 Conference Weekend Full of Miracles

 Hna Little had to carry Whitney across a large puddle..  Now that is a sweet companion.  Maybe she'll carry her across that creek from last week.  Whitney, either catch a ride with Hna Little or the cow...

hola familia, hetere´i guarani for rico or to describe that the food is good or something. mom that is your gurarni phrase for the week since I didn't want to forget. ahhh conference was spectacular!!! I was so sad when it ended. well, this week was pretty good. it is so incredible to listen to the words of a living prophet and apostles of God. missionaries run around like crazy the week before conference to invite all their investigators and plan to get them to the conference because it is so awesome that they can hear the testimonies of the prophets and apostles. so we worked super hard. of course Saturday morning it began to rain and rain and rain. and when it rains here in Paraguay, it rains and floods. last time it rained a lot, hna little carried me across the river in the road because she has boots. it was so funny. I ended up soaking my shoes anyways. it has happened a ton already, what is once more. anyways, so not one of our investigators came on Saturday.  When it rains everyone stays home, including the members. but Sunday was full of miracles. our two investigators geronimo and richard, that we are focusing on, had to work at the last minute, so they couldn't come, but their moms came and percio came to both of the sessions on Sunday and was able to see a baptism between the sessions. he loved it and is doing a lot better this week. I am so happy for him!!   he had such a big smile. we were able to watch the relief society session on Saturday morning. what Pres Uchtdorf said, I needed so much. I was so grateful. I know everyone who prayerfully prepares for conference feels like the speakers are speaking to him or her. it was so incredible. I absolutely loved elder Callister's talk on the Book of Mormon. the Book of Mormon is so incredible. what a blessing to have had it my whole life.  I am about to finish it again. the power the Book of Mormon has is incredible and has changed my life and the life of millions of people. also, I noticed the theme of conference "The Love Heavenly Father has for us."  we are so insignificant compared to Him, but at the same time we are everything to him. no one is insignificant to Him,\. it doesn't matter where you are or who you are.  one of the biggest miracles of the conference was gloria. she went to every single session, even the sociedad de socorro (Relief Society broadcast Sat morning.) she was just soaking it all in. after the session on Sunday morning where the prophet spoke, she looked at me with tears in her eyes and said that she knows. she still didn't have a firm testimony that he was a prophet. Couldn't say that she knows. but she said. I know now. she said, I understand now why you stood up for him when she was pointing out his flaws and why she didn't think he was a prophet. then I started crying. she is so incredible, and I love her so much. we take her with us to lessons all the time. her testimony is so powerful. well, I have to go, I love you all so much. you are all in my prayers every day. I know with such certainty that Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ are real. they live. they love each and every one of us. I know it. I know this is the true church of Christ and that the Book of Mormon is true and is what brings real happiness. I hope you all have a great week. 
oh and by the way, I look like a brand new missionary with my new plaque since mine just fell off and disappeared. it is really sad. maybe I will find it on a drunk like some other sister missionary did when she lost her plaque (name tag). haha
love,
hermana plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment